Do Home Security Systems Work In Columbia?
If you’re the same as most property owners, you want your house to be secure all the time. but, does a home security system work in Columbia?
The easy answer: you bet. But, how do you find the most benefits from your alarm system? Not only can the alarms and sensors give excellent security, the state-of-the-art equipment has a level of efficiency and control you may not have thought about previously. By getting home automation, security cameras, and easy-to-use tools through a smartphone app, you can create a safe home that’s automated to your needs.
Let's stop for a second and learn why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is a good plan for your house.
Indispensable Home Security Components
To make sure your Columbia home security system works to its potential, you have to get these necessary security components:
- Door and window sensors: You might find this surprising, but plenty of burglars enter your house by the front door. The other two most common points of entry are patio or back doors and lower-level windows. For these practices, door and window sensors are considered the bedrock of your home security. When the system is activated and your door or window sensors are disturbed, the jarring, high-decibel siren will sound and your round-the-clock monitoring agents will be notified.
- Touchscreen smart hub: Gone are the unresponsive code pads, as state-of-the-art touch screens now arm and disarm your security devices. These hubs can also manage your smart home components, cameras, and monitoring.
- phone app: The topmost security system allow you manage every segment of your house through your security app. Now if device triggers, you have the option to see a pop-up text to your smartphone. Also, activate your motion alarms anywhere, schedule your smart door locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- Security yard signs and window decals: While there is no technology in a small, blue yard sign or a window decal, they can forewarn a would-be intruder that your house is protected.
But Can A Home Security System Lower Your Risk Of A Intrusion?
While it could feel like an exaggeration to get sensors installed and set-up a smartphone app when you have door locks and reside in a safe town, the studies support the notion that a security system will still protect your property. For example, a paper out of Rutger University sees that most burglars will actively stay away from homes with a security system installed. They’ll instead go and target an easier home that is left poorly protected.
That correlated with stats from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their research states that most burglarized properties don’t have a home security. With numbers, unguarded homes are 300% more likely to be vandalized than properties that are secured. And while showing that your property has a system helps discourage instructions, other items -- like smart lights and doorbell cameras -- can also make your home uninviting to intruders.
Of course, ADT security systems can do much more than buzz an alarm. Now you can add in some needed components that make a home security safe and secure.
24-hour Monitoring Is A Priemer Backup Plan
Does a home security system work in Columbia without 24-hour monitoring? Having a constant vigilance is always the winning bet and round-the-clock monitoring from trained professionals can ensure the authorities get there quickly after a triggered device.
Monitoring experts can protect you all day long -- whether you are in the house or not. If you’re don’t hear the siren, your agent will contact you and the authorities after a tripped event occurs. Even when you’re home, you will be busy making sure family and animal are safe and accounted for.
Get Similar Monitored Protection For Fire, Flood, CO, and Emergency Medical Assistance
When you get your home security system, you can choose to install more than security alarms. components like fire alarms, CO detectors, and flood alarms can be integrated into your main home defense. If an environmental emergency is found, your sensors will act just like your security alarms. Specifically, the high-decibel bell goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring experts are pinged, and an alert will come to your smartphone.
There’s also a panic button, which is easily pinned to you or a loved one through a pendant, bracelet, or clip. If there is a fall emergency or a medical risk, they can employ a two-finger button to call the monitoring team.
Find Safety, Convenience And Energy Efficiency With Home Automation
Today’s automation components give you a tier of management and accessibility you’ve never had before. They can make your house more energy-efficient and responsive. And when you connect smart devices to your home security, they can also make your property that much safer. For example:
- Schedule your smart lighting to make it seem that your home is inhabited when you’re gone.
- Have your hall smart bulbs come on when a security camera detects sudden motion.
- Use your phone’s location services to bolt your doors, flip off your living room lights, and lower the thermostat when you go to work.
- Create custom scenes so you can pre-program your lights, smart thermostat, alarms, and other equipment with a single hit of a button.
- Or just see the status of all your devices and set your alarms and cameras with your mobile app.
Plus, think of the energy you’ll save with smart devices, and you’ll quickly realize how much you can use a modern home security system in Columbia. You will also be able to direct your components with your voice when you connect your home security system to your Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
Keep A View On Your Property With Smart Security Cameras
Yard signs and smart lights are great home invasion obstructions, but smart cameras may take your security to a better place. The furthest thing a thief is looking for is to be taped on camera as the footage could be leveraged against them in a criminal investigation. You can pick from indoor, outdoor, and doorbell cameras, all which allow you to see live feeds 24-hours a day.
Do you need to check out the commotion you heard in the yard? Would you like to say hi to the kids after school? Has the package you’ve been waiting for been delivered yet? All you need to do is to open the feed from your ADT Control app. You may also get texts on your mobile device whenever a delivery person comes on your porch or the camera detects unusual motion. Then talk with visitors with the 2-way talk feature on your cameras.
How To Custom-Build A Home Security System In Columbia?
Want help in customizing a home security system that works in Columbia? Our home security experts will help you choose the perfect alarms, home automation, and video surveillance that can be incorporated into one affordable package. Call directly at (573) 203-3048 or complete the form below.