How Can Geofencing In Columbia Integrate With A Security System?
The latest residential security solutions are getting increasingly more intelligent. Even so, it doesn't take much to fail to complete basic security duties like arming your a security system, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these chores again? When utilizing geofencing in Columbia, you can simply leave the driveway and have your system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Columbia For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter a set distance from your residence, which you are able to customize within your smartphone app. This modern home security option then tracks your cell phone to deduce when you go beyond the border and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart implements use to communicate with other connected equipment. The technology assists your home security by putting all devices onto one, unified network. You can set up a unique boundary along the perimeter of your house and assign the specific actions you want to occur as you go past the specified border.
For instance, when you pull away from your property, you could set your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can notify your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your smart thermostat.
These are a handful of the components you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your home’s security system in Columbia. When accessing the security app, you are able to make the most of automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart devices to activate at the times of your choice. Direct various lights to turn down to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain equipment activate in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat activate the fan when the CO detector is set off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your doorbell camera detects strange movements outside.
● Set a scene: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that function in unison. Make your smart bulbs switch off, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks activate when it's time for bed. Or program the system for TV night with preset light and temperature levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to enable the security system when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Columbia
Whether you’re looking for added reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you leave or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (573) 203-3048 or submit the form below to begin customizing your perfect security system.