How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In Columbia
Home security cameras can easily be placed as a hindrance—a display that notifies criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to tighten your home’s security.
Luckily, today’s security cameras come equipped with an array of tools all tailor-made to provide all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording functionality and 2-way talk or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detectors, these additions enable you to utilize the most from security cameras in Columbia.
How To Set Up Your Columbia Video Surveillance For Premiere Protection
The first step to upgrading your home security cameras is placing the components in the right places within your home. Interior security cameras work best when placed in common areas like the living room or family room. It’s also a great move to set a camera near main entryways, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to move around to get to the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras should provide a clear scene of your patio, drive, and patio, shed, and other exterior isolated constructions, like sheds. You can always access a view of your front porch via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places inside your house that are less important to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Privacy for you and your guests should be a major regard before mounting a security device in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you want some type of device in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Security Cameras
Component placement is only the first step in extracting the utmost from home security cameras in Columbia. The innovations shown below help to maximize security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive instant notifications on your mobile device anytime strange movement is sensed. You can also set cameras to begin filming when movements are discovered which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Configure your video surveillance to record and store clips so you can view them anytime.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of today’s security cameras include a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to converse with guests through the unit. Via your mobile app, you can act like you’re home or welcome your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view is determined by how much a security camera can see, and allows for a more comprehensive view of any space. Check for cameras that have at least 120-degree wide angle lens or that can pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your home security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that can pick up video of overnight movement.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more specific, set up activity zones. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to notify you of movement happening on your yard or your porch and overlook animals passing or foot traffic.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, empower you to live-stream camera footage, control cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send instant texts when the detect something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Columbia is more simple. From rapid motion detection to two-way talk, your home security rises from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (573) 203-3048 or fill out the form below to begin customizing your home security system today.