Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Columbia
You understand you need to defend your home. Beyond everything else, it provides shelter for your loved ones and is where you have all of your belongings. But what form of home protection is right for you? Figuring out if you should use 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading considerations you must make. Examine the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Columbia and get a better idea of what’s best for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24/7 monitoring, your home’s protection connects to an external monitoring organization that is set to offer assistance at any moment. When an entrypoint sensor activates or a CO detector starts to sound, your monitoring specialists get a notification instantly. They quickly take action to verify the alarm and dispatch the applicable emergency services.
On the other hand, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t come with professional backup. You might think of this choice as self-monitored, which indicates that if an alarm sounds, you need to respond to remedy the situation. This option is the less expensive solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Columbia
Here’s a quick breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a support system at the ready is always smart. If you are away from home, not awake, or don’t have your phone, your residence and those inside will still be watched over.
- Faster response times: Monitoring specialists are always prepared. They’ll reply in a speedier fashion to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security systems may make you eligible for a reduction of your home insurance premium.
- Superior equipment and smooth integration: When you get hardware, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security provider, you will gain access to a cohesive system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across on your own.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will have a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Typically required to get your system installed professionally: Numerous individuals would rather have the job taken care of by experienced technicians, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Required to sign a contract: You will generally be required to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This is likely to be agreeable for most as home security is a benefit you will want indefinitely.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Columbia
Here’s a quick overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t need to pay a monitoring bill.
- Install on your own: Some may think of this as an advantage as they can install the system themselves and avoid an installation expense. Other residents might prefer going with a professional.
- More Flexibility: You are able to integrate devices whenever you wish - and from any manufacturer. However, you might find integrating into a fully connected system more complex.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be a third party monitoring your system. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting help.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you’ve misplaced your phone and don’t see a security warning? This circumstance equates to added stress and less peace of mind.
- Demands your total attention: Since you are the only one in charge, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- No help hooking up the system: If you need assistance during an installation, you might have to hire a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to take a greater amount of time.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Columbia
Get the round-the-clock support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Columbia from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored system is the best solution for your family. Call (573) 203-3048 today to get started.